Sunday, December 2, 2007

How You're Going to Ride

You don't need to tell me
where you're going
it's etched all across your face
like you wanted me to know already
you're going
and I'm going
and you're wondering why I went
and I'm wondering, too
but you look like you've been ready
to move on
like there was never anything
but space between us
which is going to become
a reality quickly enough
in more ways than one
with more definition
with feeling
with a distinct lack of hope
and it's not like I'm obsessing
but there's just no way to know
not like the stars in the sky
which misguide and dazzle
and pipe away the jazz
like it's not going to be known anymore
which is the fear that motivates
us all
and so when we move we fear
and we fear because we move
and when we do one
we do the other
when all we wanted was to escape
tap and dance and all that.

No comments: