Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What Today Is?

I spent the day
angry about a
number of routine
things. I fretted, too,
over issues
concerning the
fact that I'll be
moving soon, and
still don't know where,
exactly, except
that it is with
a great amount of
trepidation. These
are trying times.
For the most part,
I wasn't even aware of
what today really was.
At 9, once again, I was
counting down the
minutes until
my lunch hour,
one hour away,
and when I came back,
all the things I wanted
to accomplish while
contending with a few
necessary obstacles,
such as two out of
my remaining four
being taken
for someone else.
In all these thoughts,
none of anyone else's
concerns, their
problems.
Everyone is someone
else's problem. In
every tiny world,
there is another
tiny world next door,
sometimes peering in,
sometimes knocking,
and if you're really
lucky, making a grand
intrusion. Did I say
lucky? I meant
something else, I'm
sure. One can't
be too sure of
what they mean
when they say
something, think
something, do
something. It's
the somethings that
get us through the day,
when we don't know
what else will,
and can't imagine
what, or have
forgotten important things.
That's what, I think,
we're thinking more
of, or maybe should.

No comments: