Thursday, January 24, 2008

Clooney, Boy, You End That Strike

The worst thing
about the writers
striking
is that they're
fighting
for nothing.

I tall ya,
downloading
is the new
premium cable,
the thing
a bunch of
people do,
is a really
cool thing,
but eventually
is not going
to replace
what's already
there. It just
ain't gonna
happen.

Well, it will,
at some point,
just like
premiukm cable
will go
standard.
They'll probably
happen
at the same time.

So, Clooney,
just remind them
of that, so TV
isn't ruined
forever. The movies,
I say if they spent
some time
revisiting classics
in the theater,
that wouldn't
be a problem
for a while.

Still, I admire
the strikers,
because they stand
together
for something
they believe in,
for a generally
good cause.

The people
toiling away
in retail
would never
actually do that,
even though
they experience
the biggest
lunacy
around.

I work in
a bookstore.
Just tell me
the number of ways
it's not idiotic,
and that's before
I ever reach
the customer,
who's illiterate.

I'd love
to rally
the staff
around
smarter business,
but they'd
never
go for it.

Yet the writers
strike, just
like that,
for months now,
disrupting
Jack and his
lost friends.

I want to
join them,
writing,
that is,
but this
is just as
well.

Strike!

Make things fair!

And all that!

Then resolve
things, and
get back
to work,
because
we like
what you do
there
too.

No comments: